Sunday, March 2, 2008

Remembering the Past

I want to start to document and share some of my favorite family pictures from my younger years. I have them hidden away on my computer and it's time to get them out and share them with the rest of the blogger world.
This picture is one of my all time favorites of myself (Keri), Kim and Kristi. In fact I've tried on many occasions to re-create the pictures with my own three boys only to fall short! It's such a sweet precious picture in my humble opinion! I must be at least 5 or 6 years old in this picture.


This family picture was taken in 1977. If I do my calculations right Dad was 37 and Mom was 30! I'm almost certain that my Mom made the dresses that the three older daughters wore. She made many of our dresses in our year childhood years. She was (and still is) a very talented seamstress. Not sure why we were NOT smiling -- It wasn't taken back in the Pioneer days and I'm pretty sure we had white teeth! ?? hummm......

Here are some fun pictures of my younger sisters:


This is my 2nd sister Kimberly. She is AL-most as old as I am, we are 1 1/2 years apart! She is now a mother of 5. Amazing how much her girls look like her!!


This is my 3rd sister Kristi. She was honestly one of the cutest little girls! This picture depicts innocense to me. It reminds me of my Primary children! =) Can you see her daughters smile in this picture? Kristi is now the mother of 2 children.


This is my 4th sister Amie Jo (or AJ). I always loved her name as she was named after my Grandmother, Amy. She was our shy one with silver teeth. I always loved it when my Mom would do Amie's hair like this! She had such cute feathered bangs... Amie has turned into a wonderful Mother of 4!



This is my 5th sister Annie. She was born one year after Amie Jo. Yes, my poor mother! However, what would we do without our dear sister Annie!?? She makes our family complete! I'm pretty sure she won't be pleased with this picture I found, however I had several to choose from and I think she'll be glad I chose this ONE over the others. Annie is the mother of 3 (soon to be 4!!).


These are pictures of my parents - Dave and Dix on their wedding day - September 19, 1966! I really love these pictures as they show that they were a "cool" young married couple. What we wouldn't give to have that car back in the family!











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

KERI, I LOVE IT!!!!! we were all so dang CUTE when we were little, mom always did our hair so cute with ribbons....=) That was a very creative BLOG....very blog worthy!!

Matt S. said...

Oh, MY - WHAT happened to your 'blog?! I'm seeing SPOTS!

Keri said...

I KNOW isn't it FUN!!! Annie gave me the funnest website to go for fun blog templates! =)