Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Baby" Skins

For those that know me, know that I love animals. Dogs especially!

If I could, I would rescue every single abandoned dog and open up a rescue shelter. However, I don't believe my neighbors or my family would appreciate this adventure at this time in my life. Maybe when I retire......

Just over a year ago we found the perfect puppy for our family. A little tiny sweet Rat Terrier, named Clover Jane.


We found that Clover really loved to CHEW, SHAKE and TUG! These type of dogs were actually bred for catching rodents, so I assume the chew, shake and tug action would be how they kill their prey. (sorry if that's a bit upsetting!)

She took a particular liking to stuff animals around the house. Pretty much nothing was safe from the rath of Clover. We nicked named the stuff animals "babies" and now she has learned what a "baby" is. If you ask her to find her "baby" she will bring one to you. We quickly learned that if she had a "baby" that she would leave other items in the house alone. SO.....being the resourceful person that I am made a quick trip to the Deseret Industries (2nd hand store) and loaded up on "Babies!"

I decided it would be fun to document the "Baby" skins .... as we call them. We call them "Baby" skins because after Clover de-fluffs them, all this is left is the skins.



This was one of Clover's first "babies"! I believe it was a fish, but not for long.


This is what is left of a monkey. One of her favorites!



This used to be a bunny. How appropriate for Easter Time..eh? Happy Easter Bunny Skin!


I wonder if this one is one of the missing 101 dalmations?


Fun - A headless puppy! She seems to go for the face first. =)



The headless remains of one of Sesame Streets finest -- Elmo!



Two eyeless Care Bears! She's still working on these two.

Another interesting thing that she is does is push anything that is round, in particular soccer balls. Last Halloween time and I got out a big pumpkin to decorate the yard. It wasn't long before Clover had that pumpkin all over the yard tossing it up like a soccer ball.

Today, being the first day of spring, I filmed her playing with it. She's been working with this pumpkin all winter long!



She sure is a lot of fun! =) If only I could just have one more puppy.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he he he---- funny skins, the carebears made me laugh..LOL!!!! She is so strange with the "skins" but its sooo very cute! What a cute puppy.....I want a puppy ( I won't even mention that to mike..lol)

Anonymous said...

that is the funniest thing i've ever seen!!! my fav is the elmo with no face! funny stuff

Unknown said...

Keri - what a great Amer Idol singer - wow! I agree -
very cool - Grandma Lin