Monday, March 17, 2008

Raising Monkeys...?

I'm always amazed when I go grocery shopping of what it really takes to feed a family! Especially in the last year I've really noticed a difference. The amount of money that I spend has almost doubled, however the amount of family member's hasn't! Should I be taking a personal inventory of my own caloric intake? or..... perhaps it has to do with having three teenage boys in the home.

Let's take banana's for example. When I buy banana's I don't just buy one bunch of banana's - I buy three or four bunches of banana's in hopes that it will last at least one week. I can buy apples and no one touches them for weeks! Not sure what it is about banana's, but it seems to be a favorite quick snack for everyone.

For blogging (and your entertainment) purposes I decided to document the banana's day by day. I know Matt was curious as to the reason behind my banana picture taking during the week. Well, honey, here ya go!


Saturday - Grocery shopping day!


Sunday - A Day of Rest (lookin' good)



Monday - Can we make it?


Tuesday - What the?


Wednesday - What am I raising... Monkeys?



Where's Annie's monkey call when you need it?

We didn't even make it the week that I had hoped for! It's back to the grocery store for me. I guess it could be worse. =)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!! HA HA! that was a good blog keri----I think you DO have monkeys at your house, good heck on Banana's, Good thing they are pretty cheap. Instead of banana'a we do the Apple thing...they are GONE in two days!