Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fine...I'll just use my OWN Credit Card!

Having been married to the same man for 20 years we've had our wonderful ups and some major downs. During a time of struggle, where I was pretty difficult to get a long with (yes I'll admit it!), there were times where I wanted to go shopping, work on a house project, or go to various activities, but did not have the financial means to do it. Matt and I would firmly and gently discuss the reasons why it couldn't happen. Then being the stubborn person that I am would say, "FINE....I'll just use my OWN credit card!"
I can honestly say that phrase was used on many of occasions.

Today, having gained life experience, more maturity and such a profound respect for my husband, those difficult days are in the past. However, the phrase "FINE....I'll just use my OWN credit card!" has become a inside martial joke between Matt and myself. Basically making fun of the Walker girl stubbornness! (or i.e....if your not going to help me now...I'll figure out a way to do it anyway!).

On Monday, as we were helping the boys with their Physical Fitness Merit Badge for Family Home Evening, I watched the Walker girl stubbornness attitude unfold before my very eyes. However, this time it was from the male teenage gender.


My eldest Son, Joshua (16), had been talking about making an item in the shop to help him build his arm strength. He wanted Matt to go out into the garage to help him build it. We had just finished up FHE (with some attitude teenage issues) and honestly Matt wasn't in the mood to help. Josh says, "Fine...I'll just figure out how to build it on my own!" and headed out to the garage. I just smiled at Matt with a HUGE smile and said "Matt....just let Joshua use his OWN credit card!"
Matt lovingly tapped me on the shoulder as he headed out to the garage and said "Humm..I wonder where he gets that from?"

I love my family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! ha ha LOVE IT!!!!
I wanna start useing that phrase, it works sooooo WELL with the "Walker genes" =)