
Today I had the pleasure of listening to a Jazz band. This Jazz band is made up of 8th and 9th grade students at Tanner's school. Tanner (14) plays the Saxophone.
It was very convenient for me to attend as the band was playing in the same building where I work. I did have to kick myself for not bringing the camera! It was the first time that I've had the opportunity to really watch Tanner up and close. My favorite piece they played was a jazzed up rendition of Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourn. I enjoyed it immensely!
In Jazz band it's protocol for the musicians to play solos. The conductor moves the microphone in front of the musician and they stand to play an impromptu solo. I watched as the conductor finally arrived at Tanner, Tanner's eyebrows raised, then he stood and played his little heart out! That makes a Mother's heart soar! So proud of you today Tanner-man!
1 comment:
Way 2 GO Tanner-Man!!
Post a Comment