About three weeks ago, Josh started trombone lessons with a professor from the local University. After his second lesson he was invited to participate in the "All Northern Jazz Band," which is a combination of musicians from local high schools.They performed last night with none other than "Chris Vadala". Ok Ok...I admit it, I hadn't a clue who he was until last night, but once he started playing, I recognized his songs from the radio and ones that my Dad listened too. What a great opportunity for these aspiring musicians to learn from such a talented artist! Mr. Vadala hit notes that we didn't think existed!
Here is a little clip of Mr. Vadala with some amazing high notes!
Josh's trombone instructor in action! He was thoroughly entertaining. You couldn't watch without smiling. Just so happens that the drummer in the blue shirt is Landon's drum teacher. We're keeping it all in the family. =)
Introduction of the Trombone Section!
I loved the Scat Singing. She was really good!
Matt also wrote more about the evening. Go to: http://mattsbigadventure.blogspot.com/2008/04/night-of-jazz.html
2 comments:
fantastic!! loved every minute of it!!!
Thanks Amie. It was a wonderful concert. I love that we can share our life this way. I find myself wanting to take the camera every where so I can take little snippits of my life. Too COOL!
Post a Comment