Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dentists, Orthodontists, Doctors......oh my!


I wonder if our family has broken the record for the most visits to a medical professional in the past 72 hours?

  • Matt needed some dental work on Friday. check!

  • Landon needed one cavity filled on Monday. check! (tears included)

  • Both Tanner and Landon paid a visit to the Orthodontist on Monday. Tanner's braces tightened and new bands. Landon check up. check!

  • Landon had a Dr. appointment Tuesday, which also included a finger prick, and 4 immunization shots! check! (tears included, glad that's done!)

Since Friday, Matt has been suffering from tooth pain that just wouldn't go away. Matt tried all weekend to be manly and endure the pain, even stating to me on Monday morning that he was feeling better.

However, when I arrived home Monday after work, I took one look at Matt and knew right away that he was doing worse. He tried to smile it off......but, no fooling the wife at this point.


Fortunately for me, I was anticipating that his pain was worsening and since I was already at the Dentist's office that morning with Landon, ask him what needed to happen next with Matt. This resulted in a referral from the dentist office to an Endodontist (root canal specialist).




Doesn't the word root canal just make your hairs stand on end?

Matt called to make an appointment and the soonest they could get him in was Thursday! He was in extreme pain and ask me if it was ok to have pain medication that started with the "L" word. My heart just sunk! Honestly, I just couldn't do it!!!! Emotions ran high during the next few minutes. I thought when this day came I would be ready to deal with this issue, but it surprised me with the way that I felt. I just don't even want that substance in Matt's body! It scares me. I asked Matt if he would give me about 10 minutes and I would call him back.

I decided to take matters into my own hands, calling the dentist office. No answer, they have the day off. I even called the Dentist home (as he knows the circumstances), no answer.

I started to search in the phone book for the Endodontist. I didn't have his name as Matt had left the referral slip at home. I found one that looked familiar and called. I had guessed right! I worked my wife charm and explained the circumstances why we could not wait an additional two days. The lady at the office told me should would call me back in 10 minutes. It was less than that. She had managed to get Matt an appointment at 3:30 TODAY! I was overwhelmed with gratitude. I don't know if Matt is as grateful, maybe he is? I think he is. I know he's wondering how in the world did you get me that appointment? It's called "Tell it like it is" mixed in with a little wife magic.


He is home resting and seems to exhibiting signs of a swollen cheek and a slight lisp. =) We'll take it!

Let's not EVEN think of the medical bills right now........mmmmkay!?????

No comments: