Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Daily Grind....

A little update of what's been going on the past few days! Can't say that it's really anything too exciting, however I think that's a good thing really when you think about it. I love my simple life.

FRIDAY, April 18th: After school Josh came home and packed up for a weekend at Bear Lake. He went with the band leadership group for the night. One of the leaders has a cabin there...I dare say they didn't get much sleep!

Friday night Tanner spent the evening with his friend, so it was Landon, Matt and I. I had just the THING! We ventured off to the University Theatre for a night of "King Lear" (a Shakespeare) on the stage. It was pretty fun for me to see all the people that I've met through work put the production together. The Department had brought in an actor from New York, Christopher McHale (who has appeared in Law and Order), who played King Lear. Fabulous and very entertaining for a crazy man! If you've ever been to a Shakespeare play you should do some research otherwise understanding the story can be difficult. About half way through the production I had to keep Matt from falling off his chair as he was fast asleep....lol. Landon tried to listen and understand the best he could, but by the end it was just a little "too much" theatre for a 12 year old. Although he really loved it when one of the actors eye balls were plucked out of his head and stomped on! (the eye ball popped back up as it was a little foam ball...lol) Such Drama!

Matt also informed me this day that he was offered a new job! Which he accepted. I'll let him blog about that when he's ready to do so. =) We are excited for the new adventures in front of him.

SATURDAY, April 19th: Tried to sleep in, but Landon had a soccer game at 9am. Josh was still away to Bear Lake. Tanner opted to stay home, so Matt and I enjoyed a morning on the soccer field. We brought Clover with us. She was the half time entertainment. Seriously that pup can maneuver a soccer ball with amazement! Matt took some footage of her - you can view it here: http://mattsbigadventure.blogspot.com/2008/04/soccer-dog.html. Afterwards I HAD to venture to the grocery store for the weeks grocery supply! Josh returned home and slept the rest of the day(yeah, no sleep!). We mostly relaxed the rest of the day and I prepared my Primary sharing time for Sunday. We did finally watched the Bourne Ultimatum that night.

SUNDAY, April 20th: Sunday's are always awesome. Sharing time went well. Found out a darling couple in our ward is moving. They teach one of the Primary classes. I'm sad to see them go, but they are moving on to bigger and better! Back to never ending staffing issues. =)

MONDAY, April 21st: I WAS glad to go to work this morning! In looking at my schedule I would have been 1/2 freezing the weather trying to set up for Construction Career Days event in my previous job. The warm side of me was a little sad, but the cold side of me was pretty happy to be in my warm office! I did call my previous co-worker later in the day to get an update.

Monday Josh started Marching Band after school, then it was quick pick up and drop off to his trombone lessons. Only one more week of lessons, then a break for the summer. (My pocket book is happy!) Matt picked up Josh and they went practice driving as Josh has his drivers test in about week! Later that night we attempted to have a family counsel meeting on coming to some agreement on computer use. It seems to be getting a little out of hand. Matt and I tried a principle that I learned in a class about having a family meeting - where all parties make the rules as well as the consequences. It went pretty good for the most part. A little resistance came from the eldest son insisting that no restrictions were necessary. Can you say "I am 16?" Rules were agreed upon - 4 out of 5 is a majority, right?

TUESDAY, April 22nd: Typical day at work. Had a visiting candidate from New York that is apply for a position in our Department. I seem to be keeping busy, which makes me happy.
After work I put on my taxi hat and pick up Josh from Jazz Band, then turn around and drop Tanner and Josh off at piano lessons. I had a visit from my visiting teacher in the evening while the boys were off to Mutual, I also enjoyed a night of Andrew Lloyd Weber on American Idol! Love his music! The PHANTOM.....of the Opera............la la la.

WEDNESDAY, April 23rd: Worked a few hours in the AM, then headed off to spend an hour with Tanner at his school as he is registering for 9th grade. Can't believe we will have two in high school next year! Back to work and worked a little later than usual to make up for the time off during the day. Then it got kinda crazy. Do you ever have days where you need to be three places at once? Well today was one of those days. I managed to find rides for Landon to get to his soccer game and Josh getting home from Marching Band. I then quickly went and signed Landon up for the upcoming baseball season, then headed off to Landon's soccer game which was across town. They had a great game, winning 3-2. Landon seems to be playing the defender position most of the time. He has a great kick -- could it be because he's wearing Josh's old soccer shoes which are at least 1 size too big? lol.

While we were gone to Landon's game, Tanner took Clover for a walk with a friend of his and his dog, Otis. Clover came back with a new outfit that the boys had creatively created. I really need to take a picture of it. She looks like a wanna-be wonderwomen!

After the game we decided to watch the latest Alvin and Chipmunks movie....cute flick! (I did take a little 5 minute break at 7:50pm to see who was kicked off American Idol - SHOCKER indeed!)

THURSDAY, April 24th (TODAY): And that brings us to today! Work is starting to pick up as the next production season is starting up for summer. IT'S ALSO SNOWING OUTSIDE!
Landon has piano lessons (Thanks Matt for picking him up!) and then it's off to his LAST drum lesson (The pocketbook is once again happy!). His drum teacher has accepted a mission call to MONGOLIA! Pretty awesome. Landon is a little bit sad, but he will start up again with drums with the next school year. I think it's time to take a little break from lessons (except piano....so don't get any ideas boys)!! Tonight Matt and I are going to an addiction recovery meeting. A new group is starting up and Matt will help to facilitate for awhile until they can find a permanent facilitator. This also counts as a fun date night! =)

1 comment:

Matt S. said...

That sounds a bit more than "simple" - but you're right, Life IS good!