YESTERDAY, Joshua passed off his last required merit badge to advance him to Eagle Scout! This is quite an accomplishment.
Growing up in a house full of girls, I really never had the opportunity to learn about scouting. Its an inspired program that helps young men grow up to be wonderful husbands, fathers and productive members of society....or at least gives them the foundation and potential to be.I can't say the road has been an easy one. Trying to get a 16 year old to sit down and budget his money, run a mile, document his exercise and chores, community service hours, etc. on top of everything else that is happening in his life, has been an eye opening experience. In fact, I believe I pulled a gray hair out of my head the other day (that's.... another blog story in the works). yikes!
Tanner isn't far behind. He's already completed his Eagle Project (Tanner and Joshua did it together in October 07) and is only 4 required merit badges away from Eagle Scout. He's diligently working on each one to get them finished. Some merit badges can take up to 3 months to complete.
The plan is to have a double Eagle Court of Honor in the Summer, or early Fall. That's the plan for now. Grandma's, Grandpa's, Aunt's, Uncle's and Cousin's keep your schedules open.
You won't want to miss this one!
We'll keep you posted! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment