
I borrowed my son's heavy duty backpack, loaded up my lunch and put on my new fancy dancy headphones (that I got from ifrogz.com - Matt's new work) and headed out the door. The morning was perfect! Nice breeze.
It took me about 50 minutes to get to work. If I continue this I'll have to wake up earlier! Perhaps I need to switch to riding my bike. At the University where I work, there is a large hill that has to be conquered! I'd rather not be sweaty when I get to work, but oh well! I can't seem to fit in the exercise any other time of the day. The price we pay for beauty and good health! (At least that is the goal...)
This past week has been very busy one!
Landon left for scout camp yesterday. He will be gone for a week, home on Saturday. He was very excited as this is his first year. Matt will be joining the troop on Wednesday and Thursday.

Sunday was HAPPY FATHER's Day, which we were able to spend with my extended family. Happy Father's Day - Matt, Davey and Charlie!

Saturday, the family started bright and early as I was in charge of a yard sale fund raiser for my son's (Joshua and Tanner's) high school marching band.

There ended up to be 48 families involved and we couldn't have asked for better weather, which brought in many valley residents to support the band. The site was almost overwhelming as we had row after row of STUFF! I wished I would have taken a camera to snap a few shots. It was quite a site! We made $7 shy of $4,000 in 5 hours. I was very pleased with the results. I don't even want to talk about what it takes to clean up an event like this. It was a bit overwhelming! Let's just say that it took a good two days to recover. Thank goodness for good help!
2 comments:
Keri - good for you - walking! I got on the exercycle this am and managed to get 10 complete circles around the pedals with my "new" knee! And last night I woke up in the middle of the night and my leg was laying down flat without the pillow under it and it didn't and it didn't hurt - That is big progress for surgery on Friday. Someday I will be able to talk a long walk again - the pictures of the tears Dr Shiels gave me are amazing. tears all around the edge of the cartiledge and the edge of the tears were so rough that they were rubbing on the ACL and causing continuous internal bleeding in my knee area. Dr S says that I will ski again but I am going to have to be satisfied with no racing! Love,Lin
YEA!! Doing the walk!
Hope you can get it all figured out what works best......
GOOD LUCK with the new goal! :)
GO !! WALK!! SWEAT! FEEL BETTA!
So glad the yard sale went well! It's good to have the support of the community too!
It's such a big undertaking....you are so courageous to take it on!
JOB WELL DONE!
Wishing Yans a fun and safe camp week! (is there any of our grandkids who are NOT growing up too fast??) Can't stand it!
Well.......time for bed. The old brown eyes are mighty heavy!
HUGS.
Post a Comment