One Year Ago ...... I made a job change. It was surly a difficult decision then, but now looking back my life is much more simpler. I appreciate that! I've really come to enjoy the associations that I've made in Theatre.
Things are still a bit stressful with the possibility of job losses, but for now I'm feeling pretty good that it won't effect our department in the immediate future. We are still waiting for a final word from the legislature on the % of budget cuts. Things still may change a year from now.
I was able to have a "one on one" with Craig Jessop, who will be taking over the Theatre Department as new department head. It was a very uplifting and insightful conversation. He knows the direction that he wants to go and he will be great to work with. I've only been in awe and admired him from a distance as the former conductor of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I tried not to act like it was a big deal. ha!
Happy one year Anniversary!
4 comments:
I can't believe itsbeen A YEAR already---i remember you applying for it...lol
Time does pass on wings of lightening!
Glad you are feeling a little less concern for your job for now at least.....hopefully the next year will bring more economy stability. That would be good news for everyone!
Pretty exciting getting to work with Mr. J!
Thanks for sharing your post!
HUGS.
Well, I must say, you were the one good thing about the Theatre Department for me. And even though I'm not there any more, I'm glad you made the switch. :) So, how much is the department going to change with a more conservative director? Or is he more conservative? I'm interested...
Keri- I am grateful that your job outlook is more positive - especially since you are enjoying this job so much. It is kind of a scary thing, these days we are facing, but the Lord is not intending that we handle this alone. We will keep praying -
Love you all - lin
Post a Comment