Thursday, November 27, 2008

If I can do it.....

Ok, so I confess I'm not much of a whiz in the kitchen. I have been trying lately to make more things from scratch and have really come to enjoy it (when it works). I'm getting better with practice and age.

Lately I've been on a making "homemade wheat bread" kick. I make about 6 loaves on Saturday and it usually last the whole week. Its been about 5 weeks now since I've bought store bread.

TODAY -- Thanksgiving -- I made a masterpiece!!! Even my own mother was proud to call me daughter.

It's called Challah Braid Bread.

I had to take pictures of the progress.


rising!


A little sesame seeds and ready to cook



The finished product!

I think I'm going to start taking orders.... =)

7 comments:

Matt S. said...

Wowwwwww!! It was even tasty, and cooked all the way through - Thanks The Mom!

Anonymous said...

ummm-----REALLY!!! That looks like its from a bakery!!!
yummy keri!!!!!

Simply Lavender said...

It looked heavenly, smelled heavenly, and tasted heavenly!
YUM!! YUM!! YUM!!

Another talent blossoming!!



HUGS.

Matt S. said...

Challala-lala-lala,la,lah!

Ash said...

YAY! Good for you! It looks delish, too !!

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! You are more and more amazing all the time!

Unknown said...

Keri - I want your recipe! Looks beautiful - Lin