My baby turned 13 yesterday.
I officially have a house full of teenage boys.
Landon is such a great kid! He is both Matt and my buddy! I am amazed at his work ethic, willingness to help or volunteer to do "whatever". He truly has a servants heart. He also has a knack for whipping up the perfect snack or treat. I've even come home from work to a warm cake and/or brownies......and lately he's been on a "making fruit leather kick" out of apple sauce.
I was really touched yesterday when we were trying to decide when to offically celebrate Landon's birthday, as the day was filling up with committments and other activities. We only had a small window of time together. It mattered to him that ALL his family be there to open presents and eat a little "banana cream pie" (his choice instead of the traditional cake) to celebrate. This meant that we had an early 9am b-day party and we had pie for breakfast! =) I hope Landon's brothers realize how important they are to him and that he wasn't willing to celebrate the day without them there by his side.
2 comments:
OHHHHHH!!!!! That made me cry!
I'm glad I didn't have my makeup on yet!
GOOD STUFF!! So sweet!! That really filled my heart this morning! Thanks for sharing!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YANS!
HUGS.
Happy Birthday!! I know that I don't know him that well, but he is such a sweet kid! Hopefully that doesn't bother him for me to say that. =) I think Brooklyn might have a little crush on him, too... She made him (and he was kind enough to oblige) dance with her at the Chili Cookoff back in the spring. What a great kid!
Post a Comment