
When I was a new driver I was thrilled and excited every time my Mom or Dad asked me to do a family errand. It was such a privilege - at least I thought! Not to mention you could throw on your cool sunglasses, despite driving an old beat up pick-up. It was still cool in my mind.
Monday I had a check that needed to be deposited into the bank. Josh had just arrived home from school and I thought that he would be HAPPY to go and deposit it for me. Here is how the conversation went:
Me: "Josh, I have a check that needs to be deposited. Would you take it for me? "
Josh: "Mom, I'm starving I need to eat. I didn't eat breakfast or lunch."
Me: "Ok, after you eat, would to take it for me?"
Josh: "Mom, I've barely had my license and you're already taking advantage of me."
Me: "What? I thought you'd be happy to drive."
Josh: "I'm not your slave to do all your errands for you just because I have my license now. "
Me: <chuckling and a bit stunned>, "Alright Joshy - enjoy your food."
Yeah, so here's me driving to the bank.
.....don't let the door hit you on the way out, Mom!
Funny thing was that later in the evening, Josh wanted a pop and was willing to take him and his brother's to the local store to get a treat! No problems making that trip. I guess I need to figure out how to intertwine treats with errands. eh?
My Motherhood dreams of having Joshua picking up his brothers here and there, running to the store for this and that, and heaven forbid having to go through a bank drive-thu have all been dashed.
I wouldn't want to take advantage or anything.......
3 comments:
LOL! ok that made me LAUGH SO HARD!!!!!!!!!
thats funny stuff keri----such a teenager! =)
How funny - I'm with you - I always loved to do the errands cause there was a cute boy at the "market" and I wanted him to see that I was driving!
Mom Lin
Hmmmm...Apparently he needs some reminding that driving is a PRIVILEGE!
:-)
Post a Comment