Monday, May 5, 2008

Blahh!!

I hate being sick! Being a Mom and being sick at the same time really doesn't go together. There is really never a good time for Mom's to be sick. It just shouldn't happen. Mom's should be exempt! Add a couple more sick kids and a sick husband and life gets real interesting!

This past week both Josh and Tanner battled a little cold. Tanner ended up staying home two days from school. Josh endured the week as most of his sickness hit him over last weekend.

Friday I wasn't feeling to good, but couldn't tell the if I had a little allergy issue going on or if I was getting a cold. I came home from work and found Matt in bed, sick.

hummm......... not a good sign.

Miraculously, Matt felt well enough to go flying on Saturday, then crashed in bed on Sunday (with exception of making his most recently flying video, you can watch here: http://mattsbigadventure.blogspot.com/2008/05/short-divide-doth-provide.html . Huh?....seems to be a common theme here.

Matt starts his new job today, so he had to "buck it up" and go into work feeling a bit under the weather. Actually I have to admit, Matt had a much better attitude this morning about being sick and having to go to work than ME! I admit it.

Saturday night my head was pounding, it was no fun. I did find if I pushed a certain spot on my forehead the pain would temporarily go away....so I basically walked around with my thumb on my forehead for most of the night. Now my thumb hurts.

I ended up staying home from church on Sunday, which I rarely do because of my responsibilities. I actually ended up feeling pretty good and did a few things around the house that didn't get done on Saturday, because my thumb was on my forehead......like laundry! I still felt yucky, but the headache was gone and that is what felt so good! When the laundry starts to mound, you know you gotta take action. Landon brought it to my attention and he had no boxer options left. So instead of sending him to Tanner's drawer.....I did a couple of loads.

On a brighter note, we made it through 3 driving trips with Josh! He drove by himself to and from a school activity, a Saturday night party and church. I have to say I wasn't complaining about having to go and get him at 1:30am as they returned from a school trip Friday night!

Joshua is also offically an Eagle Scout as of May 4, 2008! He had his Board of Review last night. He said it felt really good have this completed.... Congrats Josh, we are proud of you!

oh yeah.....cough cough

1 comment:

Matt S. said...

Snorrrrrrt, Haaaaaack, Wheeeeeeze, Sniffff.....