Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Half Year Resolution

It's July 1! Half of the year has already come and gone. It's only taken me 6 months to get my rear in gear and make some goals. I have lost my "mojo" for a time....hopefully I've found it again! Not sure really why I let it go on for so long.

Really everything in my life is going well. I have nothing to complain about. Life is sweet!

What I have to complain about is my own doing.

I'm tired of when I bend down, my fat roll goes with me and typically I can't breath during this time frame! I'd really like to be fourty and fabulous, not fourty and fluffy! It isn't me and I have no excuse!

My sisters and I have ALL made a goal together to help us all to get more fit and healthy. We are going to run the Top of Utah ........................5k in September!

Yes, I know you were thinking that I was going to write Marathon, didn't you? We needed to make an obtainable goal for us all. We are all at different points in our fitness levels and running (or walking) 3.2 miles seems to be reasonable. Even some of our children have decided to join us! We're making it a family affair.

It was in 2001 that I did run a marathon, but at this point I'm feeling content in completing just one! Training was a bit overkill and I got burnt out. However, I do have to say that running that marathon served a purpose in my personal life....so it was all good!

Writing down goals work! So I'm going to write them down for all to see......
  1. Exercise for at least 30 minutes each day, except Sunday
  2. Ride my bike to work 3 times a week

  3. Make it UP THE UNIVERSITY HILL riding my bike without stopping by August 1

  4. No Sugar

  5. Fix healthier meals for my family

  6. Run 1 mile by August 1

I'm challenging the following people to write down at least 5 goals and post them on their blogs.

  • Matt
  • Kim
  • Amie
  • Annie

If you want to join the goal making extravaganza and don't have a blog you can leave your goals in the blog comments! Happy goal making! It's Half Year Resolution Time!

3 comments:

Matt S. said...

Nice Pic. Can my goals be hang gliding related? :-)

Simply Lavender said...

NICE new blog Ker!
It kinda made me tired tho......:)

Like I said.........I'll be your cheerleader....GO! GO! GO!
RAH! RAH! SIS BOOM BAH!
RUN..walk......PEDDLE....TROT...tiptoe...lope.....sprint....gallop....stride....speedwalk.....push the bike....hire someone to push the bike......whatever it takes!
YOU GO GIRL!! (everyone go!)
You can do it!


HUGS.

Anonymous said...

Ok-----I DID MY GOALS TOO!

=)