Sunday, August 24, 2008

MaRchIng BaNd pRacTicE

JOsh and TaNner have been diligently practicing this summer and now after school and some Saturdays with their Marching Band Show "Jekyll and Hyde". They learned their full show at band camp two weeks ago and now are working on what they call "cleaning", which is where they work on a certain spot to sharpen or for them to run more smoothly.

I went to pick them up from practice early on Saturday because I haven't had to chance to watch their entire show, nor snap a few pictures.

I was lucky enough to be able to climb the tower to watch the show from above! It was wonderful and their music is really coming along. I got goose bumps, especially during their company front. It's a whole different experience to watch the show from above than from ground level. They perform their show opener next Friday for their high school football game.

It's really difficult to snap a good shot as they are moving so fast! I recorded a little bit of the show (below) and you can see how fast they move.









In the first part of the video is TaNner -- at one point he's not moving because he is the CENTER of the formation...and it's pretty cool lookin'. Watch his cute little baby marching steps.... (sorry TanNer-man!). Then it switches to watching JOsh (because I lost TaNner...lol). Nice Contra sound!!! The view is from ground level and I don't think I'll post the "above" show until later as they are prepairing for competition.....

1 comment:

Simply Lavender said...

AWESOME video!
Those boys are doing us proud!
GO SHOES!
LOOKING AND SOUNDING GOOD!
Thanks for sharing and letting us have a peek at what SVMB is up to!
WOW!


HUGS.